Thursday, March 29, 2012

Culture Class

One of the classes I look forward to the most here is one that is only an hour long, once a week, and not mandatory. Our (the study abroad students) Culture Class is taught by the sociology professor Vanda Bazdan. She is an extremely brilliant and totally down to earth woman who takes the time out of her week to show us around the city and tell us all the legends, myths, history and secrets that live exist here. She even shows us where to shop and where not to shop! She knows all the ins and outs of tourists getting ripped off with souvenirs made in China instead of in the country. I had some free time yesterday and decided to sit in on her Sociology class and loved it! Such fascinating stuff, especially in a new culture that I live within.


My professor Vanda!
Croatian women on the steps of the church.




The harbor.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!! I wish I coule be there too!
    Drink it all in!!!!

    ReplyDelete